Marlee and Megan Malone-Franklin are a wife-and-wife team of birth and postpartum doulas, childbirth educators, and Birthing From Within mentors based in Orange County, California. To learn more about our other services, visit us at herobirthservices.com.
Our birth and postpartum doula work began in 2014 and we have been working with families experiencing loss since 2016.
My family has been through its share of turmoil and grief over the years, and those experiences have given me a passion for connecting with others in the midst of the chaos and isolation that can ensue in such difficult times. I love serving families through my birth and postpartum doula work, and loss clients especially hold a special place in my heart.
In addition to my doula work, I am also an artist and love to create belly casts. These casts can be especially meaningful for families whose babies may not live outside the womb - it's an honor for me to capture the physical form of baby's home for families I work with.
My passion for working with expecting families started out of surprise at how little information and support was available for people around these life-changing experiences. It's a great honor for me to help fill that gap so parents can move through this phase of life with the specialized, nonjudgmental support they need - something so often lacking in our society these days.
Marlee and I view pregnancy, parenting, and especially loss as rites of passage in and of themselves. These are some of the most challenging moments in life, and it's a privilege to be invited into these sacred spaces.
- Rebozo Techniques & The Poetry of Birth Workshop (Naolí Vinaver, CPM)
- Spinning Babies Workshop (Nicole Morales, CPM)
- Introduction to Birthing from Within Mentor and Doula Workshop (Virginia Bobro)
- Return to Zero Training: Fetal Demise (Kiley Hanish & Ivy Margulies)
- Advanced Postpartum Doula Training: Working with Multiples (Kimberly Bepler)
- Becoming Dad (Darren Mattock)
- CAPPA Conference
Credentials & Professional Organizations
- Beginning Birthing From Within mentors
- Certified Birth and Bereavement Doula through stillbirthday
- Trained by Childbirth International (Birth Doula, Postpartum Doula, Childbirth Education, and Breastfeeding Counselor)
- Members of Doulas Association of Southern California (DASC)
- Members of the Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association (CAPPA)
- Adult and infant CPR/first aid certified